Olsson Industrial Electric was selected to expand and upgrade the power distribution system at the Seneca Sawmill facility located in Eugene, OR – a $3M project. Designed and built by Olsson, the power distribution expansion includes: the relocation and installation of new 12.47kV overhead to cable risers; new medium voltage circuits in ductbanks for existing vacuum fault interrupters and a new 15kV, 6-way padmount switch; installation of seven (7) substation transformers rated 1000kVA to 2000kVA; installation of new 15KV pad-mounted switchgear; and extensive 480V switchgear and switchboard installation.
One phase of the construction included the installation of a 2000/2300 KVA, Class I, 3-Phase, oil-immersed transformer. The transformer was tied into the existing system with the primary connected to 15KV switchgear and the 480V secondary feeding a new compressor/sorter/stacker line via switchgear. The transformer was installed in an active sawmill without any safety incidents or unintended process interruptions.
- The installation of seven (7) Class 1, oil filled, transformers rated 1500kVA to 2000kVA
- Relocation and installation of new 12.47kV overhead to cable risers
- New medium voltage circuits in ductbanks for existing vacuum fault interrupters
- Installation of a new 15kV, 6-way padmount switch
- Installation of new 15KV pad-mounted switchgear
- Extensive 480V switchgear and switchboard installation
- Designed and implemented temporary power solutions